The Fair Congo Initiatives were launched in 2017 by the Chambers Federation. The Fair Congo Initiatives have established the 1st and only conflict-free ASM gold supply chain from an active CAHRA and the first to establish a premium chocolate production facility within the DRC.
Fair Congo, sarl (www.faircongo.com) is a for-profit company registered in the Democratic Republic of Congo in 2017, fully licensed as a ‘comptoir’, an artisanal gold export office by the national Ministry of Mines. 99% of shares are owned by US citizens with years of experience as impact investors. This is the first American owned company to granted an export license for ASM gold in the country and the first and only exporter in the region to conform to the ‘OECD Due Diligence Guidance for Responsible Supply Chains of Minerals from Conflict-Affected and High-Risk Areas’.
The Fair Congo Foundation is the non-profit arm of Fair Congo, sarl based in the DRC. The Foundation focuses on the development of women empowerment and art projects, and the management of the export standards of Fair Congo, sarl.
1. Provide community with higher incomes through direct market access
2. Create jobs by expanding quantity and quality of exportable products through market demand
3. Creating an inclusive job market, providing opportunities to disadvantaged groups, primarily women
4. Provide government with unrealized taxes
5. Provide all levels of the supply chain with legal compliance as well as public relations ‘positives’
6. Improve the overall stability of the region’s economy